The Healthy Cooking Classes described below are conducted by Rita Varelas – Holistic Nutritionist. They are informative, fun, and conducted via Zoom. They include relevant information to the class ie. gluten-free, paleo, sugar-free, vegan lifestyles, and all recipes prepared on the day and a shopping list. Upon booking, you will be sent a writeable PDF questionnaire to fill out. This is to address your dietary concerns, cooking skills, daily habits and food likes/dislikes, etc., and establish which cooking class is suitable for you. Of course, if you prefer any of the below-titled cooking classes, you can select either one in the questionnaire provided after your purchase.
Enjoy an interactive cooking demonstration via Zoom, tailored to suit your individual needs.
Cost: $120 | 1.5 hours
* a PDF book of the workshop and includes all recipes.
Please note: You will be able to select your preferred class in the
questionnaire that you will receive after your purchase.
FOOD IS YOUR MEDICINE
Understanding how foods can help prevent disease and help us to heal. Incorporating these foods on a daily basis with a few simple suggestions and a food demonstration to make some delicious food that won’t disappoint.
Food demonstration: Bone broth, salted caramel slice, superfood porridge, beef & lentil soup, turmeric latte.
COOKING FOR BABIES/CHILDREN
- Healthy nutritious meal ideas for your children
- Food preparation and storage
- Meal ideas for 1 week and menu plan included
- Prepare dishes from less than 4 ingredients
- Tips of preparing 1 meal adaptable for the whole family
- Sugar free lunchbox ideas and birthday party treats
COOKING WITH WHOLEFOODS
Join Nutritionist, Rita Varelas, as she introduces you to cooking with delicious plant-based foods to nourish your body. By going back to basic whole foods our body will feel the benefits of feeling nourished with the vast amount of nutrients, phytochemicals and antioxidants that are present in these foods. The foods are low in sugar, heart healthy, high in fibre, help to manage blood sugar levels, are great for your skin and helps lower triglycerides. You’ll learn to make these delicious foods with basic cooking skills, and will be impressed with the results.
The foods demonstrated will include:
- Cinnamon Breakfast Scrolls
- Superfood Salmon Salad
- Chickpea Pumpkin Curry
- Sautéed Medicinal Greens
- Beetroot Bliss balls
- Strawberry Coconut Smoothie
Learn how to make delicious probiotic-rich foods to support your gut, such as yoghurt; kombucha; kimchi in this fun interactive class. Then learn ways to cook up and introduce fibre-rich foods; vegetable roots; cruciferous vegetables and cocoa to your diet to feed the abundant healthy bacteria in your gut. Receive a workbook packed with recipes, a meal plan, and a food list before the class.
- Understanding the basic principles and what foods are in and what are out for the paleo way of eating and prepare a nutritious entrée, main & dessert, such as:
- Zucchini Pasta with Pesto;
- Sauteed Kale with Tahini & Yoghurt Dressing;
- Lamb Moussaka;
- Fish Curry with Cauliflower & Okra;
- Berries with organic coconut whipped cream.
- Understanding the basic principles and what foods are in and what are out for the vegan way of eating and prepare nutritious meals such as:
- cauliflower vegetable pizza;
- pumpkin chickpea coconut curry;
- lentil parsnip walnut salad;
- whole wheat maple cinnamon buns;
- toffee apple upside-down cake.
- Make simple and quick meals to enjoy every day that are nutritious and delicious to support you in losing weight whilst following a ketogenic diet.
- The following foods will be prepared:
- Coconut Yoghurt
- Green Smoothie
- Seed Crackers
- Yoghurt Cheese
- Steamed Fish Parcels
- Tuscan Chicken
- Cauliflower & Kale Rice
- Learn to make delicious refined sugar free sweets and desserts such as:
- Almond & Vanilla Cookies;
- Apple Crumble;
- Coconut & Orange Macaroons;
- Baked Berry Pie;
- Crunchy Nut & Berry Swirl Cheesecake;
- Chocolate, Orange & Pecan Muffins
- Let me teach you tips and techniques in this popular gluten-free cooking class. You will learn how to convert your traditional dishes for the whole family to enjoy as well as explore flavour combinations.
- Prepare highly nutritious meals free from gluten.
- The following foods will be prepared:
- Intro to various GF flours
- Pastry dough,
- Rice crumbs
- Seeded Bread Loaf
- Savoury Flatbread
- Homemade Pasta
- Lemon Biscuits
SUGAR-FREE XMAS BAKING
Christmas dining can be a time of food overload, pain and discomfort for some, weight gain, and stress, but know that it can be nourishing, filled with whole foods, and sustaining. This festive class is tailored to suit those following a gluten-free, vegan, paleo, and sugar-free diet.
I will show you how to prepare foods to see you through the silly season such as: Pumpkin ginger spice granola; Iced lemon tea; Gingerbread cookies; Christmas berry swirl cheesecake; Christmas Trifle; Pistachio Cheese Log & Seed Crackers; Chai-Spiced Eggnog Shots; Decadent fruit-free Christmas cake.
HEALTHY FOOD PREPPING
All the meals are gluten and refined sugar-free and are made with minimal everyday ingredients. They are delicious and most can be frozen for longer preservation or can be kept in the fridge for up to 1 week.
Included in this 1 1/2 hour class are some simple strategies of healthy food swaps and how to set up your fridge/pantry/freezer with healthy ingredients and how to successfully meal prep for your week ahead.
The class is interactive and students are encouraged to participate, ask questions, cook along if they wish to, or just sit back with a glass of something healthy (vitamin water, herbal tea, kombucha….to name a few) and enjoy the demonstration.
The aim is for you to gain the motivation, skills, knowledge required to prep 1 week’s worth of meals in 1 hour easily and without stress.
TRADITIONAL GREEK COOKING
Greek cuisine is packed with nutritional benefits and offers a delicious range of foods including seafood, good fats, lean meats, and vegetables. Nutritionist Rita Varelas shows you how to incorporate Greek cuisine into your everyday diet with foods that taste great and are friendly on your waistline.
On the menu:
Sautéed wild greens (Horta); Stuffed vegetables (Yemista); Chicken & lemon soup Avogolemeno; Baked fish with tomato & fennel (Psari Plaki); Greek custard pie (Galaktoboureko)
TRADITIONAL ITALIAN COOKING
A healthier approach to favourite Italian dishes will be demonstrated in this informative class. Learn to make pasta and biscotti from scratch and delicious sauces.
On the menu:
Spinach & Ricotta Cannelloni; Tomato Pasta Sauce; Bechamel Sauce; Almond Biscotti; Orange & Fennel Salad; Coffee Chocolate Sorbet