My apple & almond teacake is ever so easy to whip up and bake, and it’s a light and tasty cake that is gluten and refined sugar-free.
- Category: Sweet
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean extract
- 2 organic eggs
- flaked almonds or walnuts to garnish
- zest from 1 lemon
- ¼ cup raw honey
- 2 large red apples (350 g) cut into small dice with skin
- 2 cups almond meal
- 1 teaspoon baking powder – gluten free
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat your oven to 160 C /320 F.
- Combine almond meal, baking powder, olive oil, honey, vanilla and eggs.
- Mix through until well combined.
- Fold in the apples.
- Prepare a 20 cm baking tin with baking paper lining the base and sides of the tin.
- Press the cake mixture carefully into the tin, making sure all the apples are pressed down firmly into the mix.
- Garnish with flaked almonds.
- Bake for 60 – 80 minutes – check after 45 minutes to make sure the cake is still ok and that the oven temp is good.
- Rest in the tin for 30 minutes before removing.