This is a one dish meal that feeds the whole family and it tastes amazing. Serve it with a crisp garden salad with a little balsamic vinegarette and you will have yourself a very tasty dinner. Enjoy!
- Category: Main Meals
- 6 bbq lamb forequarter chops
- 500 gms Risoni Pasta *
- 400 gms peeled and chopped can of tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon Tomato Paste
- Chilli Flakes
- Garlic Powder
- * You can make this GF by swapping with GF penne
- Preheat your oven to 200 degrees celcius
- In a large baking pan (that you can use on the stove top too), place the lamb pieces and sprinkle with the herbs and salt on both sides.
- Add 1 cup of water to the pan and cook for 35 minutes or until browned on both sides.
- You will need to check halfway and turn the lamb pieces over.
- Whilst the lamb is cooking, boil a pot of water and cook the risoni pasta until al dente (check packet instructions)
- Strain the pasta into a colander and set aside.
- Once the lamb is cooked, remove the lamb pieces from the tray and set aside.
- Without washing the pan, place the baking pan (that is stove top proof), onto your stove and with the heat on medium-high, add the canned tomatoes, tomatoe paste and stir until it turns into a rich colour.
- Add the cooked risoni pasta to the baking pan and combine well with the cooked sauce.
- Return the lamb pieces to the tray, pushing them slightly down into the pasta.
- Cook in the oven for 10 minutes to crisp up the edges of the pasta.
- Serve the pasta and lamb on a plate with a fresh garden salad.