It’s great to have a recipe like this to whip up quickly when you have hungry mouths to feed. It’s loaded with nutrients and is so full of flavour. You can replace the beef, with pork or chicken for variation.
- Category: Main Meals
- 500 gms beef strips (rump works well)
- 3 spring onions
- 300 gms rice noodles
- 1 teaspoon chilli flakes (optional)
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 bunch broccolini
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 red onion
- 1 red capsicum
- 2 tablespoons corn flour
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1/3 cup oyster sauce
- Combine 1 tablespoon cornflour with 3 tablespoons water then pour over the beef strips. Marinate for 2 minutes.
- In another bowl, add the rice noodles and pour boiling hot water and cover for 5 minutes to soften. Strain and set aside.
- Heat up a large pan or wok with a little olive oil, then toss in the beef, cooking until browned on both sides. Set aside.
- In the same pan, add a little more olive oil and toss in the veggies, garlic and chilli (if using). Stirfy until softened, approx 3-5 minutes.
- Add the beef strips back into the work and combine well.
- In a small bowl, mix the oyster sauce, the soy sauce and 1 tablespoon cornflour, then add this to the wok with the beef and the veggies. Mix well.
- Turn off the heat and add the softened noodles to the work and incorporate well.
- Scatter the chopped spring onions on top before serving.