A staple in our home is this hearty beef and silverbeet soup. It not only tastes delicious, it’s so satisfying and is extremely good for you. I try to incorporate silverbeet whenever I can in my cooking because it is full of vitamins & minerals and high in antioxidants. It also helps to improve digestion, assists with brain function, supports nerve & muscle function & helps with blood sugar regulation. Try this delicious recipe for yourself and reap the benefits of this nutritious meal.
- Category: Main Meals
- 250 gms Beef Chuck steak
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup Basmati rice
- 1 Organic Beef Stock cube
- 2 celery stalks
- 1 carrot
- 1 onion
- 1 tomatoe
- 1/2 large bunch silverbeet
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Add the oil into a large pot
- Saute the chopped celery, onion, carrots & silverbeet stalks until softened
- Add the chopped chuck steak and stir until browned.
- Add the beef stock cubes, season with salt & pepper and fill the pot with water
- Add the chopped tomatoes, stir and cover.
- Cook for approx 40 mins on medium heat until the meat is tender.
- Add the rice to soup and stir.
- When the rice is nearly cooked, approx 8 minutes, add the chopped silverbeet and stir.
- Cook for an additional 3 minutes then remove off the stove.
- Serve in a soup bowl with as much or as little broth as you like.
- Can be frozen into containers.