What a delicious healthy alternative to wheat pizza. Not only is it gluten-free but you’ll be enjoying an additional serve of veggies in your day!
- Category: Main Meals
- 1/2 head cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 2 teaspoons grated parmesan cheese
- 500 mls boiling water
- Salt & Pepper
- Place the cauliflower in a food processor and pulse until it's the consistency of rice.
- Put the riced cauliflower into a pot and add 500 mls of boiling hot water and cover. Gently simmer for 10 minutes.
- Strain the cauliflower in a strainer lined with a muslin cloth or a teatowel.
- Run cold water to cool the cauliflower down, then squeeze and twist the teatowel or muslin cloth drawing out all the liquid.
- Place the cauliflower, egg, garlic, oregano and parmesan into bowl and mix until well combined.
- Line a baking tray with baking paper and place the combined cauliflower mix in the centre, spreading it and shaping it into a circle
- Bake in a preheated oven at 200 degrees for 10 minutes. Then remove the tray from the oven, place another sheet of baking paper on top and flip the cauliflower pizza over carefully using a spatula. Remove the top baking paper layer and return the pizza to the oven to cook for another 10 minutes.
- Remove the pizza from oven, and add your toppings. For example, smear it with a little tomato paste, scatter some shredded salami, peppers and mozzarella cheese. Return to the oven and cook for 10 minutes.
- Remove your pizza from the oven and serve with a fresh garden salad.