Want a low-carb alternative to rice that is healthy and delicious? Then you must give this cauliflower rice a try. It’s packed with B-vitamins, is high in fibre to help with weight loss and digestion; provides antioxidants and phytonutrients that can protect against cancer, and contains choline that is essential for learning and memory.
Try it with some chopped kale or spinach (as pictured) for an additional boost of antioxidants.
- Category: Sides
- 1/2 head of fresh cauliflower
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt & Pepper
- 1 cup spinach leaves or Kale leaves
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- Chop the cauliflower into small pieces
- Then add half of them to a food processor and blitz for 3 seconds until it resembles rice
- Repeat with the remaining cauliflower
- Chop up the kale or spinach
- Heat up a frying pan with the oil
- Add the cauliflower and the kale or spinach
- Season with the garlic powder, salt and pepper
- Combine thoroughly with a spatula until well coated
- Allow to cook for a few minutes until veggies have softened.