Compared to store-bought varieties, these cheese and bacon rolls contain no palm oil, no thickeners, no additives, no processed cheese, just a few ingredients. These moreish breakfast rolls can be made with a variety of toppings to suit your tastebuds. Try them out with vegemite and cheese; salami and cheese; tomato sauce and cheese, or a pizza roll topped with olives, salami, capsicum & cheese. Totally yummo!!
- Category: Breakfasts
- 200 grams Greek yoghurt
- 150 grams Self raising flour (and extra for kneading/rolling)*
- 100 grams lean ham or diced bacon
- 100 grams pizza blend grated cheese (mozzarella, tasty, parmesan)
- 1 egg , lightly beaten
- Combine the flour and yogurt in a bowl and mix together with a spoon until it comes together. *You can swap out the SR flour for a gluten-free version if you are intolerant to gluten.
- Then place the dough on a floured surface and knead until the dough becomes smooth. This should only take a few minutes and use extra flour if the dough is too sticky.
- Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Preheat oven to 180C
- Form the dough into 4 balls and slightly flatten.
- Place the balls of dough onto the baking tray, making sure they are slightly touching eachoter.
- Brush with egg mixture. Top each with bacon, pushing it in slightly and scatter the cheese all over the top of each bun.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until they are golden brown.