There is nothing bland about this cauliflower soup! It is full of flavour and is so creamy and delicious. Cauliflower is one of the amazing veggies that draws in flavours from other ingredients and hence why I’ve added butter, onion, and garlic to infuse into this hearty and nutritious vegetable.
- Category: Main Meals
- Half a large cauliflower, florets only
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 cup full cream milk
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper to season
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 1 garlic, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 dried bay leaf
- Either steam the cauliflower in a steamer pot until slightly softened, approx 5 minutes, or in the microwave with a little water for 5 minutes. Set aside.
- Heat up a large pot and add the oil, butter, onion and garlic. Stirfry until the onion softens.
- Add the steamed cauliflower, chicken stock, dried thyme, bay leaf, salt and pepper. Cover and cook on medium heat for 20 minutes.
- Turn the heat off, remove the bay leaf.
- Add the parmesan, milk (adjust accordingly to how thick you prefer the soup).
- Using a hand blender, blend all the ingredients until smooth and creamy. If you don't have a hand blender, allow the soup to cool before transferring to a mixer and blitz on high speed for 30 seconds.
- Serve with some cracked pepper.