A tasty paella is a feast for all your senses. From the sizzling on the pan; the enticing aroma and the display of colours on the dish. The taste is truly delicious and has a slight tang from the lemon juice squeezed on top that cuts through all of those deliciously smoked and fragrant spices.
- Category: Main Meals
- 2 cups arborio rice
- 1 tbs oregano
- 1 tbs hot smoked paprika
- 1 lemon, sliced (to garnish)
- 1/2 bunch parsley, chopped (reserve some to garnish)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 clove garlic, chopped
- 2 carrot, chopped
- 2 onions, chopped
- 10 chicken thigh cutlets, cut in half
- 4 chorizos, chopped into small chunks
- 2 litres organic vegetable stock or 2 tbls stock paste mixed with 2 litres water
- Salt & Pepper to season
- In a large non-stick frying pan or preferably a paella tray, add the oil and heat slightly.
- Add the chopped vegetables and parsley and lightly saute’.
- Add the chorizo and chicken thigh fillets with the paprika, oregano, salt & pepper and cook until browned (approx 5 minutes)
- Add the rice, scattered throughout the pan and combine for a few minutes.
- Gradually add the stock ensuring that the liquid is absorbed before adding more.
- The paella is ready when the chicken is cooked thoroughly and liquid is absorbed and rice starts to stick at the bottom of the pan.
- Serve with extra parsley and lemon wedges.