This is the soup you reach for to soothe, heal and satisfy your body, mind & spirit. It’s deliciously hearty and packs a punch. Make a nice big pot of it and keep a little stash in the freezer for those times when you’re feeling under the weather or you just want a delicious soup!
- Serves: 4
- Category: Main Meals
- 1 brown onion
- 4 chicken drumsticks or 10 chicken wings
- 1 tomato
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 celery stalks
- 1 carrot
- 1 tablespoon vegetable stock paste or organic vegetable stock cube
- 1 clove garlic
- 175 grams gluten free spaghetti, broken into pieces
- Chop up the celery, carrot, onion & garlic
- Heat up a large pot with the olive oil
- Add the chopped vegetables to the pot and cook, stirring often until they have nearly softened.
- Add the chicken and brown on both sides for a few minutes.
- Pour enough water to cover the veggies and the chicken
- Add the veggie stock, bay leaf, tomato, salt and pepper.
- Pop the lid on and get it to a boil, their stir and reduce the heat to a simmer.
- Allow to cook for 45 minutes, then remove the chicken and set aside. Remove the bay leaf from the soup.
- Bring the stock back to the boil and add the broken GF spaghetti or any other type of pasta your using.
- Stir until the pasta is cooked.
- Shred the chicken from the bone and discard the skin and the bones.
- Return the shredded chicken to the pot and stir through.
- The soup is ready to serve with a little scattering of parmesan cheese.