This very easy dish is gluten-free and vegetarian and is easy to prepare. It looks impressive and tastes delicious. The eggplant ricotta rolls can be served as individual appetisers or served as a main dish with a fresh garden salad.
- Category: Main Meals
- 375 grams tub fresh ricotta
- 2 medium eggplants
- 1 cup mozzarella
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1/2 lemon juiced
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 6 sprigs parsley, chopped
- 700 gms tomato passata
- salt and pepper
- Slice the ends off the eggplants, then cut approx 6 slices from the eggplant lenghtways.
- Place the eggplants onto a baking tray lined with baking paper and spray each on with olive before putting the tray into an oven at 180 degrees. Cook both sides for 5 minutes.
- Combine the ricotta, parmesan, garlic powder, salt, pepper, parsley and lemon juice into a bowl.
- Remove the eggplant from the oven and allow to slightly cool.
- Place a tablespoon of the ricotta filling in the middle of each eggplant slice and roll to enclose the filling.
- Place each rolled eggplant slice onto a lightly oiled baking dish.
- Pour the passata sauce all over the eggplant rolls and top with the mozzarella cheese.
- Bake in the oven for 40-45 minutes.
- Carefully remove the eggplant rolls from the dish and serve with a fresh garden salad.