The name “Garden Veggie Soup” came about one day when I was foraging around in my veggie garden and pulled out a bunch of veggies to make up this delicious soup. Even the herbs that make my veggie stock paste were from the garden so the name just seemed fitting. This is deliciously simple and quick to make and full of nutrition and flavour. Enjoy!
- Category: Main Meals
- 1 onion, chopped
- 6 cups Water
- 1 tablespoon veggie stock paste (see recipe)
- 1/2 bunch, kale, stalks removed, chopped
- 1/2 broccolli, florets only, chopped
- 1 tomato,chopped
- 1 zucchini, chopped
- 1 sweet potato, chopped
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- In a pot, heat up the oil, then add the chopped veggies and saute until slightly browned.
- Add the veggie stock paste and the water.
- Pop the lid on and simmer gently for 30-40 minutes or until veggies are soft.
- Add the chopped kale to the pot and cook for an additional 5 minutes.
- Optional: if you want a thicker and more filling soup you can add 1 cup uncooked and rinsed brown rice in step 1.