Adults and Kids just love these tasty chicken schnitzels. The healthy twist here is that they are baked and not fried! Also replacing bread crumbs with rice crumbs making them an easily digestible and gluten-free option for the whole family.
- Category: Main Meals
- 2 large chicken breasts
- 2 eggs
- 6 sprigs parsley, leaves only, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- Olive oil spray
- 2 cups gluten free rice crumbs
- Note: 2 chicken breasts make up to 8 chicken schnitzels when butterfly filleted.
- Beat the eggs with the garlic, parsley and parmesan. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside
- Put the rice crumbs into a bowl and set aside.
- Butterfly the chicken fillets by slicing your knife into the thickest part of the fillet, making sure you don't cut all the way through. Then butterfly it open. Repeat on the other side of the fillet if it's still too thick.
- Season the fillets with salt and pepper.
- Dip each fillet portion into the egg mixture first then coat into the rice crumbs and set aside.
- Spray each crumbed chicken schnitzel with olive oil and place on a baking tray and bake for 20 minutes or until cooked through.
- If you have an airfryer, you can bake them on a 200 degrees setting for 10 minutes.
- Make these into sandwiches for the kids or serve with a yummy potatoe mash and steamed peas.