This is a delicious rich soup with all the goodness of collagen for your joints & skin, choline for liver function, zinc for immunity, and vitamin B12 for brain health and energy.
- Category: Main Meals
- 2 lamb shanks
- 250 gms rice noodles
- 1/2 bunch silverbeet
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 onion
- 1 celery stick
- 1 carrot
- 3 cups water
- 2 cups beef bone broth
- 1 tomato or 2 tablespoons tomato puree
- Heat a little olive oil in a large pot, and add the chopped onion, garlic, carrot & celery, and the silverbeet stalks (if using).
- Add the lamb shanks and brown on both sides.
- Pour in the bone broth, 1 cup water, the chopped tomatoe or puree, and season with salt and pepper.
- Bring to a boil with the lid on.
- Then reduce the heat to a gentle simmer and cook for 1 hour before topping it up with 2 cups of water.
- Bring to a boil with the lid on, then reduce to simmer for another hour.
- Remove the lamb shanks and shred the meat off the bones and set aside.
- Bring the stock back to a boil and add the chopped silverbeet and the rice noodles (I like to break the noodles up to small pieces for the soup).
- Cook for 2 minutes on high, then return the shredded lamb to the pot.
- Ready to serve.