This simple and quick recipe does not compromise on flavour. It’s so yummy, you will make it over and over again. Swap the linguine for gluten-free spaghetti if you prefer, the result will still be the same.
- Serves: 6 people
- Category: Main Meals
- 1 kilogram Large raw prawns eg tiger, king, peeled and deveined with tails intact
- 1 teaspoon dried chilli flakes
- 2 teaspoons finely grated lemon zest
- 500 gms Linguine pasta
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 125 gms grass fed butter
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled and chopped
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 6 sprigs of fresh parsley, finely chopped
- Put a large pot of salted water on the boil, with the lid on, to cook your linguine.
- In a large non stick frying pan, lightly saute the chilli, garlic, parsley with the oil.
- Add the cleaned prawns and only slightly cook them, they will just start to turn pink.
- Add the wine and the butter and incorporate well, tossing the prawns into the mixture.
- Allow to simmer gently for a further 3-5 minutes until the prawns have cooked through and will be noticeably pink all over.
- In the meantime, cook and strain the linguine.
- Add the strained linguine in to the prawn sauce and toss until all combined, scattering the lemon zest on top.