I long for this sorbet as soon as the weather warms up. It’s refreshing, sweet and so creamy.
You can swap the mango for pineapple, papaya, or any other firm tropical fruit, even berries work well this recipe.
- Category: Sweet
- 4 cups mango, cut into pieces, frozen
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 egg white (optional)
- Add the frozen mango pieces into a high-powered food processor and pulse until you achieve small shreds. Scrape down the sides and add the maple syrup and lime juice.
- Mix again until the food processor begins to run smoothly, scraping down the sides as needed. Once there are very few mango pieces visible, add the egg white, if using, to the blender and blitz on high speed for 1 minute. The optional egg white helps to stabilise, emulsify, and preserve the texture of the sorbet if you are going to keep it in your freezer for a few days.
- Serve immediately or place in a freezer proof container and freeze until ready to serve.