A super quick and tasty meal that is easy to whip up for a weeknight dinner. I use scotch fillet steaks as they turn out so deliciously tender.
- Category: Main Meals
- 4 scotch fillet steaks, fat trimmed
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon italian dried herbs
- 1 teaspoon sweet paprika
- salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 teaspoons butter
- Season the scotch fillet steaks on both sides with salt, pepper, dried Italian herbs, garlic powder and sweet paprika.
- Heat a griddle pan with the olive oil.
- Add the steaks to the pan and cook for 5-6 minutes or until you see the meat darken half-way up the sides of each steak.
- Then turn the steaks and cook for a further 2 minutes.
- Add a dob of butter on each steak and cook for a final minute.
- Let it rest for 1-2 minutes before serving.
- Serve with steamed greens or airfried sweet potato chips or a garden salad.