A quick and easy weeknight meal that is low in carbs and high in protein. Swap out the beef mince for turkey, chicken or pork for a variation in flavour, and replace the vermicelli noodles with bean sprouts for extra crunch and taste.
- Category: Main Meals
- 500 gms lean beef mince
- 8 Cos lettuce leaves
- 100 gms rice vermicelli noodles
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon dried chilli
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 carrot, grated
- 2 spring onions, chopped
- Parsley or Coriander leaves to garnish
- Rinse and dry the cos lettuce leaves and arrange on a platter or individual plates. Then scoop 3-4 tablespoons of the san choy bow mix (depending on the size of your lettuce leaves) onto each leaf.
- Bring a small pot to a boil and cook your vermicelli noodles for 2 minutes, drain, chop, and set aside.
- Grate the carrot, chop the spring onions and set aside.
- Combine the oyster sauce, soy sauce, minced garlic and chilli in a small bowl and set aside.
- Heat a pan with a little olive oil, add the mince meat and cook until browned.
- Add the chopped carrot and spring onions to the pan and stir through for a 1 minute.
- Then pour in the sauces with the chilli and garlic and stir through.
- Finally add the cooked vermicelli noodles and stir fry through the meat and veggies until well combined.
- Garnish with parsley or coriander.