Including mushrooms in your bone broth adds vitamin C & D and minerals like phosphorus, magnesium, potassium as well as adaptogens known to help relieve stress. Combined with chicken bones for added collagen, amino acids, glucosamine, and chondroitin for joint health, better sleep, and brain health. The nori (seaweed) helps with thyroid function, gut health, weight loss, heart health, and diabetes.
- Category: Main Meals
- 4 litres of water
- 1 kilogram chicken bones
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 2 bay leaves
- ½ tsp ginger
- 2 -3 cloves garlic
- 1 onion
- 30 grams nori seaweed
- 6 stalks celery
- 10 mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons coconut aminos
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Other herbs and spices of your choosing
- Brown onion and garlic. Then place all other ingredients in a large pot or slow cooker.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce to a simmer and cook for 12–24 hours. The longer it cooks, the better it will taste and more nutritious it will be.
- You can also add all the ingredients into a slow cooker and set it on a low temperature for a minimum of 12 hours.
- Strain the liquid from the vegetables and allow to cool before storing in an airtight container in the fridge