The first time I tried zucchini chips I was on a beautiful Greek island called Skiathos. Greece has such a great selection of vegetable dishes and they do sides really well. I’ve adapted this recipe slightly to make it a gluten-free dish and I suggest using olive oil to fry them up, just as the Greeks do.
- Category: Sides
- 3 -4 medium zucchini, washed and sliced
- 1 cup gluten free self raising flour
- 1 cup soda water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Light Olive oil to shallow fry
- Combine the flour, soda water and salt in a bowl and whisk to incorporate thoroughly.
- Wash, slice and pat dry with a paper towel the zucchini.
- Heat up the oil in a large non stick frying plan until hot.
- Dip each zucchini piece into the batter and carefully add to the hot oil.
- Cook on each side until golden brown, approx 2 minutes.
- Then drain them onto a plate lined with paper towels to absorb the oil.
- Serve these on a plate with a small bowl of tzatziki dip.