Little zucchini and sweet potato fritters with bits of grated halloumi cheese mixed in are so full of flavour. They’re a wonderful side dish or a light meal to share with a salad.
- Category: Main Meals
- 1 large zucchini
- 1 small sweet potato
- 1 red onion
- 1/2 bunch of parsley
- 1/2 cup grated haloumi cheese
- 1 cup gf plain flour
- 2 eggs
- salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- Grate the zucchini, squeeze out all the excess water and add to a large bowl.
- Peel and grate the sweet potato and add to the same bowl.
- Then add grated haloumi, eggs, flour, parmesan, parsley, salt and pepper and combine well with a wooden spoon.
- If mixture is too runny, add more flour until it comes together.
- Heat up a pan with olive oil, then shape 2-3 tablespoons of the mixture into a flattened ball and fry until golden brown, approx 3 minutes on medium heat on both sides.
- These make a great side dish or main meal served with a greek salad, yoghurt dip and pita bread.